Joanne Wu’s Research Note Book– Tools
· Merriam Webster: English dictionary with word pronunciation.
· Health Sciences Descriptors (DeCS) is a dynamic vocabulary descriptors for health surveillance, homeopathy, public health, and science and health.
· Chinese input system: online Chinese input system without installing Chinese input software.
· The Time Zone Converter: Check time zone worldwide.
ICD, CPT, and NDC codes
· Physician out patient CPT-4 procedure codes: This site is easy to search related procedures category, code, or description.
· The National Drug Code Directory from FDA: The NDC serves as universal product identifier for human drugs. The data set is updated monthly.
Programs Used for Economic and Cost Analysis
· Health Economics Research Center—University of Oxford: The page lists support material specified in published articles (the economic evaluation of the DiGEM study, SF-12 responses and EQ-5D utility values by response mapping, probabilistic analysis of cost-effectiveness models, probabilistic sensitivity analysis for decision trees with multiple branches, handling uncertainty in cost-effectiveness models, Markov models for economic evaluation.) or courses for SMDM (probabilistic cost-effectiveness modeling, and parametric survival models and decision models).
· Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) Registry is a comprehensive database of over 1,400 cost-utility analyses on a wide variety of diseases and treatments.
Quality of Life and Health Utility Scoring Programs
· Scoring programs link from Ron D. Hays.
· EQ-5D U.S. scoring algorithm: The link includes SAS, STATA, and SPSS calculation algorithms.
· Gray A algorithm: Gray A, Rivero-Arias O, Clarke P. Estimating the association between SF-12 responses and EQ-5D utility values by response mapping. Medical Decision Making 2006; 26(1):18-29.
· Sullivan P algorithms include ICD-9 to EQ-5D and SF-12 to EQ-5D.
· HUI-SAS programs
· Brazier’s SF6D from SF12 (SAS program)
· NEI-VFQ25 scoring algorithm (SAS program)
· Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory (PedsQL) scoring algorithm (SAS program)